Completed Games (Click to view all of the game's related posts)


Incomplete Games with Progress

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Progress for July 27, 2008 - FF IV

One small step for a Paladin, one giant leap for a Dragoon.

Yep, I've made it to the moon. I finished almost all of the subquests in the game (at least the ones that are in the original) I just need to pick up my Excalibur from Kokkol, and find a pink tail to get my adamant armor. I am not looking forward to that grind, but there's no way around it.

If I remember correctly, the Siren item summons the rarest enemy encounter to occur. In this case, it will be the pink puffs in the lunar subterrane. I have 5 of them.. so I guess I'll summon them 5 times, hope to get it, and if I don't, reload the game.

(For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about, Pink Puffs are an enemy that only appears 1 out of every 64 encounters, and only drops a Pink Tail one out of every 64 of those encounters, making the odds of getting the item 1 in 4,096 normal encounters. Suffice it to say, it's damn rare. However, the item you can trade it for is the most powerful armor in the game, so it can be worth it.)


Tomorrow, I tackle the moon and the giant. Possibly complete the game.

No comments: