Completed Games (Click to view all of the game's related posts)


Incomplete Games with Progress

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Progress for August 27, 2008 - Metroid Prime Hunters

Trace headbutted me out of the map!

Now, I've worked in QA, and I realize that it's impossible to get all of the bugs out of a game. So this caught me more off guard than anything else. I fell into the abyss and hit the failsafe built into most 3D games: death. What really surprised me was the announcement that the hunter had taken an octolith. I'd never died to another hunter before (I didn't die this time, technically) but I didn't want to do whatever I assumed I'd have to do to get it back, so I just quit without saving.

Anywho, I'm up to 5 octoliths. I almost died when trying to escape Alinos after claiming the fifth octolith (Trace held me up here as well) I made it to the ship with 1.03 seconds remaining. This leads me into my next complaint.

Now, I understand the need for the doors to hide loading times, but this should NEVER be at the cost of gameplay. I just don't understand why they have to have TWO between every room. It takes a billion years to get through them.

I don't know why we, as gamers, have decided to simply put up with this. The NES had a 1 mhz processor, and there were never any obtrusive loading times. Books don't load. TV shows don't load. DVD movies don't load between chapters. Why have we allowed games like this to tease us for 20 seconds at a time?

Complete: 54%
Octoliths: 62%

No comments: